Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Yes, that just happened.

I have a reoccurring nightmare that includes one of the following: I forget to arrive for a show, I'm hours late for a rehearsal, I go onstage and don't know a single line of the play I'm performing.... etc. But never has any of this happened before.
Until today.
I'm sitting here in sweatpants, half listening to the Olympic races, half working on an essay that is due in Ethics class tomorrow. I get a text message. I reach over to my phone and open the message. Its from the stage manager of my show that opens in two weeks. Her text was short: "Are you coming to rehearsal tonight?"
This is the part of the story when I start to hyperventilate as I frantically click through my email, trying to find the latest rehearsal schedule. Hidden under 6 other call times for this evening's rehearsal was a call for me to be at the last hour of rehearsal. OH MY GOODNESS.
Now, I'm hopeful that this story will have a happy ending. My stage manager didn't seem too upset when we realized I was 50+ miles away from even making it to the last 30 minutes of rehearsal. My heart beat has started to resume its normal patter, and I'm even attempting regular breathing as I type this post. Tomorrow is a new rehearsal with no mistakes in it, if I can quote from Anne of Green Gables.
And the moral of the story?? ALWAYS check the rehearsal schedule over and over. and over.

3 comments:

  1. I also have a reoccurring nightmare.
    ---Here I am a waitress/server in a my restaurant and I get more and more tables that I need to wait on. I get so overwhelmed and I can't remember where I am or what I'm suppose to do.---
    I get lost in my own dream.
    My nightmare also has come true.

    I like your moral of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was 11, I participated in a school play that begun with everyone lying down. I was in awe of my drama teacher, and had a nightmare where I fell asleep on stage! And then got woken up by my teacher wailing at me and my classmates staring/jeering. Luckily never came true.

    Good moral and funnily written. Thx for following my blog, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so crazy. I'm glad it wasn't as nightmarish as your dream, you poor lamb! And now you're DONE with the show! yahoo!

    ReplyDelete