Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dreams and plans are in the making...

I took a trip to LA last week for an audition, and after the audition drove around to places I've wanted to visit, and found the neighborhood I want to move to! It's a charming beach town. Little yoga studios and cupcake shops lined the street, and the lifeguard towers on the beach were painted in vibrant patterns.
<------ (this is Manhattan Beach, AKA where I'm going to live in January)
     I'm enjoying my more open schedule, since my last show closed, and getting to do things I never have time for! Like blogging, and disneyland, and finishing projects, learning Italian, starting a new dance teaching class, and working on new scenes in a my acting class.
   But since the show closed, I've been in a bit of a tizzy with this particular company. It was great to work with a new theater, and I was blessed that they took the chance on a girl they didn't know anything about. Made some fun friends, and got to learn a show I didn't know before. But the show closed, and we didn't get paid. Three weeks later, and still the promise of a paycheck without receiving my money. Its sad to see a theater struggle to bring in audiences, but its frustrating as a poor performer, who needs that little paycheck to fill up my gas tank so I can go to more auditions!
(Me as Liane D'Exelmans in Gigi) ---------->
     Oh, and I'm doing the most important thing a growing performer can do- seeing other live performances weekly! I live in such a great city. Best shows of the summer? Robin and the Seven Hoods at The Old Globe and Limelight: the story of Charlie Chaplain at La Jolla Playhouse. So much talent on those stages!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I can see both of your points of view. Maybe they will pay you when they can? I hope so :-( You both need the money!

    Can't wait to visit you in Manhattan beach ;) Sounds like a lovely beach town.

    So glad you are in this place, being able to still take classes and learn but also pursuing your career!

    ReplyDelete